Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sore bum

Well, I've learned that there is indeed a price to be paid for exercise. Recently I managed to get an injury while exercising (yes, my beloved Jazzercise!) which is quite literally a pain in the a@#! Unfortunately it means that not only am I unable to workout for now, but I'm on light-duty at work as well. Quite ironically I'm back to sitting on the sorest part of my body for basically 40 hrs. a week. The Dr. has me on a prescription anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants (which I can only take when I'm not working or driving). Oh well. I would however like to say that no matter what, I'm always going to advocate exercise. The health benefits are numerous (keeps my blood pressure in check, helps to maintain a healthy body-weight, and has increased my bone density by 24% in just the last year since I started Jazzercising) and definitely out-weigh the cost of injury that's for sure. So, hopefully in short-order you'll find me back at my exercise routine (albeit carefully to start) and back in the swing of working in the Explore Collection (I miss Groovelily terribly!). For now though, you'll find me sitting on a heating-pad at my desk for most of the day.

2 comments:

Captain ILL said...

I'm glad to hear that you haven't given up on exercise. After my accident, I was also eventually able to start exercising again, though I still haven't tried step aerobics again.

Unknown said...

It is glad to see this blog, it is good that Biography is now online, nice informative blog, Thanks for share this article.


Web Designing Karachi