Monday, June 2, 2008

Image generators

Whew! I think I got this one accomplished finally. Last week the only thing I was able to generate was a whole lot of anger with it. The first attempt I made to put a picture on a magazine cover went awry when I tried to stretch it to fit. I ended up with all the wording on it doubled and overlapping. And not precisely either. Yuck! So I tried to start over with another picture and a different magazine cover. It kept putting the original picture I'd downloaded in there with the wording from the previous magazine overlapping the wording from the second choice (grrr....) no matter how many time I downloaded the new one. I finally gave up in exasperation. Today it was pretty seamless. However, after last weeks fiasco I didn't even attempt to stretch it to fit and just left everything alone. What follows should be a picture of my cat on MEOW magazine.

Make your own free clipart like this @ www.TXT2PIC.com with free web based tools (hundreds of image generators that run through a web broswer, no software to buy or install).
Made with free image tools @ TXT2PIC.com

3 comments:

Denise said...

Had to pop in and see how it turned out. SO cute! :-) Sounds like you had the same problems starting out that I did. I was doing mine from home since I have no pictures on this computer. I made the mistake of "saving" and then instead of clicking "use original" (or whatever it was called) I guess I kept using the "saved" version. But the "saved" picture already had a cover connected to it... and so that stayed on each new cover I tried. Drove me crazy til I figured out to click the right button. Trial and error I guess :-)

Jazzergigi said...

Thanks Denise! Yep, trial and error all right. I'd totally planned on changing some of the wording on the "cover" of the magazine as well...I especially wanted there to be a "story" called "Recent study shows rubbing cat's bellys brings good luck". But, I couldn't for the life of me figure out where I could change the wording on the cover, even though the website said you could. Oh well, maybe I'll make another attempt at it from home in the near future. Kind of fun to play with, if one can get it to work properly. :-}

bbuck said...

Just what the world needs, more cat pictures. I was too timid to try the magazine cover.