Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen start your Engines

I'm so used to using Google anymore that it was kind of fun to try something else. I didn't get a whole lot of different major hits on any of the metasearchers vs. Google. Although I noticed that Google is the only one that pulled up any articles that have appeared in newspapers in recent days pertaining to the subject that I searched on. And I remember from past searches with Google that I've often seen links to recent newspaper articles and I really like that. I enjoy staying current with certain subjects, so I guess I'll continue to use Google on a regular basis.

I also ended up trying out a clever search engine Searchme not mentioned in this assignment, but is linked at the Techies Page of our web site (found because it was mentioned in the June 10th "What's Up on the Web" report). Very cool to see your search results visually layed out like pages you can scroll through! I highly recommend trying that out at least once. :-)

No comments: