Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Online docs.

While interesting, I'm not sure that I'd use this much in my job, or elsewhere. It definitely doesn't seem to be as powerful as Excel, from what little I saw...And since we all have Microsoft Office, and can attach docs to e-mails without second thought, I don't see much need for this personally. Although it is nice to know that this type of stuff is available free online. I was able to upload an Excel document from my desktop to Google docs. However, I wasn't able to upload any of my Excel stuff to Zoho. I was told "Importing of .xls file is currently unsupported". Oh well. I tried. I did import a picture however.

I can really see these applications being used for those e-mails that people forward and fly around the internet but that so many folks can't open because they don't have the correct software to do so.

No comments: