Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lamenting a looong week

For some reason it's been my experience that the weeks where there's any type of Holiday involved can often be the longest week at work. Why is that? Is it the expectation of a shorter week? Although this week for me really isn't any shorter than usual, I work 10 hour days with Friday's off anyway. Still, this week seems particularly long to me. **Sigh** Although, now that I think about it, it's probably because I'm missing my Explore Partner and dear friend, Groovelily, who is right now relaxing and enjoying the sun and Bavarian fun in Leavenworth, WA. Whatever you're up to right now Groovy one, know that you're missed and that I look forward to seeing you and hearing about your trip next week.

I'd like to shout out a very heart-felt "Thank You!" to Thisandthat, who without her incredible help on Tues., we'd have been behind in the Explore Collection all week!

To all my friends, Blogger and otherwise, have a Happy and Safe!! 4th of July!

3 comments:

groovelily said...

hey you... thanks for the kind words.

Captain ILL said...

I suspect you're right Jazzergigi, the days seem longer around a holiday, because you look around and see all the empty desks (like Groovelily's) and wonder why the heck you're still sitting at yours while everyone else is out enjoying themselves.

Jazzergigi said...

And I have to add that for as long as the work days are leading up to a holiday, or even after (thinking of those long work weeks after having a Monday off!), the weekends never cease to fly by!! What's that about??