Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pedicures

Well, this coming Friday will be a milestone in Jazzergigi's life. At the tender age of...uh... Forty-something, I'll be going with a few lady friends to get my very first pedicure. Coincidentally, I heard on the news just this morning about a recent treatment that's popular in spas in Turkey involving flesh eating little fishies who nibble away at dead skin on one's feet.

I don't know whether or not this option is even available in the small town of Marysville. Plus I'm not sure whether I'd ever be able to actually stick my feet in a tub of these hungry little buggers without having flashbacks about movies involving piranhas, but then again if Joe's Yuckas were on hand, who knows? Jazzergigi might then be brave enough to give this a try.

For an even better look at this interesting pedicure treatment check out the YouTube

12 comments:

Captain ILL said...

Jazz, I'm afraid you're under a rather common misconception that Joe and Captain ILL are the same person. Please look here for proof that we are two separate entities. I'm afraid Captain ILL is a teetotaler who wouldn't know a yucka from yterbium.

Good luck with the pedicure.

Jazzergigi said...

Oops! My apologies to you both!! I do indeed know that! My fingers seemed to have had a mind of their own on the keyboard this AM.

Jazzergigi said...

Okay, post edited. Again my apologies to both El Capitan and Joe for the mis-type there yesterday! I should know better than to post to my blog so darned early in the morning.

Jazzergigi said...

BTW- The friend of mine who is dragging a group of us out for those pedicures on Friday is pregnant and claims that just the subject header on that news article about the hungry fishes and pedicures made her too nauseated to even read the full article. We'd better not even talk about that while we're there on Friday. :-}

thisandthat said...

Okay, I'm sold. I want to know where to get this type of pedicure done. It looks like great fun (especially if you take friends along). I am a little ticklish, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Jazzergigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jazzergigi said...

I'll keep my ear to the ground on this T&T and see if they are offered anywhere in our area. Maybe Groovy would like to come along too? Who knows, maybe if we ply Joe (not Captain ILL) with enough Yuckas we may even be able to get him to come along! Even it is to just watch while some of we girls get our toes nibbled on by little fish. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll volunteer bowlingwidow to go with you all and have some fish nibbling on her toes. Just make sure they're not piranhas, though, or I could be in trouble.

groovelily said...

it doesn't look like there are any fish pedicure places in our state... not yet at least. maybe we could all just go to the pet store and stick our feet in the tank?

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat
/25712949.html

Jazzergigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jazzergigi said...

Ha ha! Can't you just see all of us going into J&Co. Pets here in town and arguing with them about how the sign on their Koi Pond says "Keep hands out of pool" but it doesn't say anything at all about feet. :-)

thisandthat said...

LMAO !!!