Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Two decrepit titles today

Today we have two books in really terrible shape. The first is a pretty "old title" for the Explore Collection, "The Purpose Driven Life", a well known title by Rick Warren. This one has many warped, dirty pages, along with a warped cover. It looks like it has been involved in a soaking of some sort. I don't think I want to know what it was soaked in... Bleh! The second title is "The Tea Rose" by Jennifer Donnelly. It also has warped pages and the cover is bent all the way back over itself. Unfortunately this book is really new to the collection. I think it only went out once to the branches. Sad. It has lovely cover art on it. I may just read it myself. That's it for now.

"So many books, so little time". Jazzergigi

2 comments:

Schwager? said...

Trust me the books you come across are nothing to some of the books we in CIRC have come across. Boy o boy we have had blood, urine, books that cats have sprayed on and the list can go on but don't think I am trying to lessen the discusting nature of returned explorer books because I have seen some of them and just want to run off to the bathroom and wash my hands. It maybe gross but I guess someone has to do it.

Jazzergigi said...

Thank you for commenting here about the Explore Books Schwager? I'm sorry to hear that you've had some bad experiences with them. Indeed, having worked in a branch for 3 years, and then having been a back-up delivery driver/circ employee for a couple of years after that, I know of what you speak. It's truly incredible the way some folks treat their books!
However, due to the fact that I find I'm boring myself with the whole topic of decrepit books, I'm going to be changing the topic of my blog to reflect something more interesting, I hope!! Be sure to visit again to see what's coming. I will however, reserve the right to talk about an Explore Book from time to time, should something interesting come across my path back there.